World Book Day Riddles and Teacher Dress-Up Winners
Long time no see! I am here to annouce the winners for our two amazing competitions!
I hope you all enjoyed World Book Day and as much fun solving the riddles as I did when I was writing them.
The riddles were:
- My last name sounds like Hannah Montana’s and last night I was talking to a young lady on a balcony, what is my first name?
- I sacrificed myself and took my sister’s place in some life and death competitions, who am I?
- The only thing I didn’t predict when I wrote my book was that people in the future would ‘want’ to be tracked down 24/7. Who am I?
- The title of the book whose main character rides an armed bear.
- My school is in Scotland and when people come close to it, they instantly turn the other way. What is the name of my school?
- I was never given a name by my creator but I am often mistaken for them. Which book am I the protagonist in?
- I am the son of a God but I am not a God. I also don’t like lions and had to complete 12 Labours. Who am I?
- All I wanted was some more gruel. Who wrote about me?
- When you read my books, you definitely want some chocolate near you. Who am I?
- I sparkle when I am under the sun and feel in love with a Bella. Who am I?
And here are the answers:
- Romeo Montague
- Katniss Everdeen
- George Orwell
- The Golden Compass
- Charles DIckens
- Roald Dahl
- Edward Cullen
The 2 quickest Coaching Groups who got all the answers correct were:
Congratulations!!!! You both get 30CP each!
Now onto our teacher dress-up winner!
He might non have had 101 Dalmatians with him but he surely made an impact!
Mr Hirani huge congratulations! You prize will be with your shortly!
Thank you to everyone who took part in our celebrations!
Don't forget that 2 of our competitions are still running!
Make your favourite character or the setting of your favourite book.
•Use materials you have at home.
•Send a picture to Ms Dimi by Monday 8th March.
•Vouchers and books up for grabs for the top 3.
Advertise your favourite book.
•Create a poster, advertisement, tik tok, Instagram reel, vlog.
•Advertise your favourite book in the most creative way possible.
•Include information like: title, author, mini plot summary (remember, no spoilers), why you think others would enjoy that book, any other information you think would ‘sell’ your book.
•Send your entry to Ms Dimi by Monday 8th March. Vouchers and books up for grabs for the top 3.
I'm looking forward to seeing your entries!
Stay safe and stay kind,