Do you want to be part of a team that transforms the lives of young people?
As a new all-through school, Goresbrook School is attempting to do the seemingly impossible; ensure all young people, regardless of background, have the real option to succeed at a top university. Goresbrook School is an exciting new school that opened in 2016. Tenacious in approach, our team are committed to transforming the lives of students and we do so through unwavering belief, positivity, creativity, hard work and collaboration. Many of us are TeachFirst Ambassadors but regardless of our how we came into the profession we are all determined to leave a lasting legacy.
Teaching is an art form. It requires an unrelenting dedication to refining your craft. This is at the core of everything we do at Goresbrook. For this reason, it is a very special place to work. All of us are passionate about growing; getting better at what we do through careful reflection and deep thought. All of us are committed to working as a team: we know that far more can be achieved through working together. We are all adamant that the stubborn link between poverty and academic achievement can be overcome through the creation of an exceptional school.
We are seeking to appoint staff to join our small but growing team. We are looking for exceptional classroom practitioners with a proven track record of securing excellent outcomes for young people. Candidates will expected the highest standards of themselves and of others, and be skilled in creating and developing teams of people. At Goresbrook, we pride ourselves on acting with integrity; we do what is right for young people, always. You will be no different. You will display an authenticity that builds trust and maintains excellent relationships with others. You will offer thoughtful and considered contributions to the school and be able to drive forward improvement in your area of responsibility through intelligent thinking, methodical implementation and effective evaluation. The unique nature of working in a new start school means that candidates will be need to highly flexible and will thrive on working in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same. Whether you are seeking a new challenge or looking for the next step in your career, if you want to be part of creating a transformational school, Goresbrook is for you.
What we offer?
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students' lives.
- Lots of opportunities to observe others and receive feedback. We have an open door policy and place Teaching and Learning at the centre of what we do. We never grade lessons and all feedback is developmental.
- An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary. Teachers can teach and students can learn.
- Curriculums that are designed in order for pupils to achieve mastery of both content and skills. We have a strong focus on core knowledge and use cutting-edge insights from cognitive science and educational research to ensure that content is retained over time.
- Year groups of 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students.
- A minimum of two hours curriculum time for each subject area allowing teachers to know students' next steps.
- Weekly in-school CPD, including a tailored NQT programme.
- External CPD programmes, including NPQML and NPQSL.
- Opportunities for promotion and development.