Goresbrook School is a fully inclusive school, which ensures that all pupils achieve their potential; personally, socially, emotionally and academically in all areas of the curriculum, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, sexual identity, physical ability or educational need.
At Goresbrook School we aim to ensure that all pupils receive a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum and are committed to providing a curriculum and teaching which:
- effectively provides for subject matter appropriate for the ages and aptitudes of pupils including those pupils with an education, health and care plan (EHC);
- all pupils, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, have the opportunity to learn and make progress.
Our SEND Policy is that all pupils, including those with learning difficulties or disability or with Special Educational Needs (including pupils with an EHC) have access to all aspects of the curriculum and the extra-curricular programme as far as is reasonably possible. We are committed to raising achievement by removing barriers to learning and ensuring that curriculum planning and assessment for our pupils takes account of the type and extent of the difficulty experienced by the pupil.
Goresbrook School Aims
The school aims to give every child, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disability, equal opportunities to develop in the fullest sense and realise their full potential. To help ensure this is achieved for children with Special Educational Needs and Disability, we will ensure that:
- the culture, practice, management, training and deployment of resources are designed to meet the needs of all pupils with SEND;
- pupils with SEND are identified, assessed, provided for and regularly reviewed;
- pupils with SEND are involved, where possible and reasonable, in the decision making processes regarding their own learning;
- parents are informed when their child is identified as a pupil with SEND;
- parents are involved in the programme of support for their child;
- there is collaboration between all professionals involved; and
- clear, relative, informative records follow a pupil through school.
You can view our SEND Policy and Information Report on our Policies Page
SENDCO: Miss J Reading Jennifer.Reading@goresbrookschool.org.uk
Click here to find out more about Barking and Dagenham's SEND provision and support